Here is my newest and biggest project:
I am going to build a Full Suspension mountainbikeframe by myself.
Why? - Because building stuff is fun, and I will hopefully get my dream bike. It also saves a lot of money. There are also no comparable bikes on the market.
What? - A Enduro Style MTB, but with a geometry which allows switching to a smaller fork and damper to do cross-country touring. As you may have seen in my other blog, I am into bicycle touring, especially in remote Asia.
How? - With brass brazing and MAG welding. The main part of the frame is based on an old MTB Steel frame. I will cut the frame on the edges and modify the geometry. The rear swing will be made by me.
- Travel 160 mm front and rear
- Switching Suspension - you can change to a light 100mm fork and a 160mm damper, and the bike will still be rideable.
- 4,7 Kilo is the goal
- The frame will have a similar geometry as my touring bike
- Indestructible a swing bearing. - It is the bearing from a front hub.
- Rear Rack for touring support.
- Frame shifters for touring