Be advised:

This blogger will present some stupid, useless and/or dangerous ideas. Do try it at home!

My other blog about bicycle touring:

Samstag, 20. April 2013

Progress on the full suspension Frame


I made a lot of progress with my steel full suspension frame lately:




The weight including the rear shock  is going to be 4.6 kg, which is acceptable for me. The travel is 160/160mm, but could be as well 180/180 with some modifications.

As previously mentioned, this is not going to be used for high speeds or jumps. I "designed" it specifically for very difficult alpine trails. Hence the flat headset angle and the short wheel distance.
 I just need to add some brake sockets, order some parts do some welding. After some time, I will shorten the seat tube, and remove the top tube and place it much lower. This enables me to lean back as much as possible during steep trail segments.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen